WANT TO WORK WITH US?
Find out more about our culture, current vacancies and how you can join our team.
A happy team means happy clients.
We believe every company has a responsibility to take care of the people who ignite it's fire, and our success as a top 100 accountancy firm is all down to our people first team culture. Everything we do is about making a positive impact on the lives of our people, and the lives of our clients. This approach ensures that we don't only deliver a level of service that clients can't find elsewhere, but we provide a culture that our people truly love.
Culture is worth protecting therefore we only consider candidates who are fast movers, proactive doers and enthusiastic learners. Above all we employ people who are genuinely striving to make a positive impact in one way or another.
That's why we like to look after our team, we are an ACCA Platinum Training Provider, proving our commitment towards your professional development. Combine that with shared bonus schemes, flexible working, no ties always and dress-down Fridays and you end up with an environment by which everyone celebrates achievements, cheers on development and always make time for each other.
CAREER PROGRESSIONWe pride ourselves on our commitment to the development of our team and offer the opportunity of career progression all the way to Partner. Just read our Partner profiles, four of our Partners started with Raffingers as trainees.
SOCIAL ACTIVITIESWe want you to enjoy working as part of our team and host a variety of social events during the year. Whether it is our Charity Ball, monthly team lunches, paintballing or cocktail making, there are plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues in a more relaxed and friendly environment.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENTWe offer a friendly, supportive environment with plenty of partner and client interaction from the outset. Not only are we ACCA Platinum Training Providers, but we also offer a mentorship program giving you the opportunity to learn from the best in the business.
FINANCIAL REWARDSWith competitive salaries, quarterly bonuses, regular appraisals, and other financial incentives, we make sure our team is rewarded for the hard work they do.
DRESS DOWN FRIDAYSOk, we may not be the first and we sure won't be the last, but as accountancy companies go we are pretty loud and proud about our dress down Friday policy, which allows us to go on team socials after work without having to get changed first.
FLEXIBLE WORKINGWe recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible working arrangements that enable our team to balance their working life with their priorities.
HELPING THE COMMUNITYOur purpose is to truly make a positive impact and in order to see this through we give our team members the opportunity to take time off work, get stuck into volunteering projects and take an active part in communities.
WE CATER FOR ALL
Whether you are looking to kick-start your career or progress to new heights our team are here to help you achieve your goals.
Our people are passionate about business and client experience. If like us, you don't like sitting back and want to make a real impact on the lives of your clients and on the firm as a whole, we want to hear from you. View our full list of vacancies below.
We have recruited apprentices in all of our departments - accounts, marketing, admin, payroll and cloud. We are pleased to say that the majority of our apprentices go on to full-time positions at the firm. To enquire about our apprenticeship program, contact email@example.com
If you are an ambitious graduate thinking about your future we can help you on the road to success. We offer graduates the opportunity to gain experience and excel in a professional firm. We support graduates through their qualifications and, once qualified will support you with your future career progression. See all current vacancies below.
We're always looking for candidates who are looking to grow personally and professionally in our company.
Cloud Assistant35 Hours, 9.30am - 5.30pmBourne Court, South Woodford, IG8 8HD
This role will be focused on someone working in the office to assistant the outsourced team and the cloud team manager.
- Assist with Team management of the offshoring bookkeepers:
- Team work program
- Non-chargeable time
- Relevant training programme
- Run monthly / Weekly reports to keep up to date with Teams task progress on Vat returns / EC Sales / Bookkeeping and deadlines are met.
- Liaise with PA’s when Year-end accounts are ready to be booked in
- Answer Team queries and liaise directly with clients
- Ensure deadlines are met and work planned accordingly
- Ensure bookkeeping jobs are done efficiently as possible by following the Efficiency Checklist and making the necessary improvements
- Review bookkeeping work to ensure TB is accurate and provide necessary training so bookkeepers learn from their mistakes
- Check bookkeeping postings to ensure postings are 100% accurate
- Cover bookkeeping work if required during busy periods
You should also be able to use Xero extensively and be certified on Xero. You should have great bookkeeping knowledge and be able to train other members clearly. Knowledge of Receipt Bank would be recommended.
- ACCA/AAT Qualified or Qualified by experience
- Practice experience
- Strong understanding of accountancy and tax principles
- Assist with Team management of the offshoring bookkeepers:
Audit & Accounts Senior35 Hours, 9.30am - 5.30pmBourne Court, South Woodford, IG8 8HD
Raffingers have big ambitions. We’re using cutting edge technology to take our proactive advice and insight up to the next level. Through our sector led, one-stop shop proposition, our services are delivered by committed client service partners who are all dedicated to helping our clients in across London and the Home Counties fulfil their dreams.
It’s an exciting time to join Raffingers. We have seen a steady growth in our fee base year on year and forecast a similar increase in 2021.
We are currently looking for audit and accounts seniors in this industry to join our team. What better way to kick-start or progress your career than at a top UK 100 accountancy firm? Not only that but we are also an ACCA Platinum Training Provider. Therefore, as part of our team, you will experience our commitment towards your development of a successful career. All we ask is that you are passionate about business and committed to be the best that you can be.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Review /finalise statutory accounts for submission to Companies’ House and HMRC
- Communication with clients as necessary
- Update client files, checklists, records and procedures
- Financial analyses, planning and financial modelling
The Audit Senior will work as part of an audit team or take responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The audit senior will support the manager to manage the audit team and supervise the audit process to ensure the quality of our audits are of a high quality.
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Identify risk matters and discuss the impact of these with the audit manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the manager/partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to these issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit.
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring the progress of the audit against pre-approved budgets.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of our audit team.
- The majority of our audit work is completed in-house with some off-site visits to client’s premises.
Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends
- SORP charity experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- 3+ years PQE
- Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS
- A member of ACCA or ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants)
- Excellent interpersonal and (internal and external) client-facing skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Pragmatic, robust, diplomatic and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities
- A team player, but able to act autonomously with minimal guidance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail
- SME client experience
- Strong client service focused
- Strong analytical, project management skills
- Good Excel and modelling skills
- Friendly outgoing person who is keen to learn and take on more responsibility as the practice grows
- Good training skills
- Able to think broadly and demonstrate a high level of initiative
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- Experience with listed clients
- Experience auditing international groups
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT
It is the policy of Raffingers to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.Samantha Khansamantha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Marketing Executive35 Hours, 9.30am - 5.30pmBourne Court, South Woodford, IG8 8HD
We’ve worked hard to make a name for ourselves as a top 75, award winning, full-service accountancy and advisory firm to the UK’s biggest recruitment, property, construction and technology companies.
The accounting profession is transforming at a rapid pace, abandoning age old processes, and experiencing a shift in mindsets. Clients are looking for greater collaboration and more proactive services that they place higher value on, as digitalisation is disrupting the status quo with automated tools taking on traditional accounting compliance work.
That’s why since our inception in 1980, we have been hardening our resolve in order to not only help our clients get to grips with their finances, but to offer our clients the best business and accounting advice in the game. Our aim is to ensure that our clients see maximum results throughout their business journey, whilst protecting and retaining as much of their income as possible.
About Raffingers Marketing Limited
The Accountancy world tell clients all the time that being in business is all about understanding their numbers. How many sales do they need to turn a profit or how many people do they need to hire to cover workload? Clients can’t afford to get these things wrong because they know that the success or failure of their business depends on getting the numbers right. The same goes for their marketing, that is... if they want it to be effective.
Launching in September 2022, Raffingers Marketing born out of frustration from seeing UK SMEs waste time, money and efforts on marketing initiatives that do not give them a return on their investment or drive-up revenue growth. Whatever the client’s goal may be, the Raffingers Marketing mission is to combine the commercial financial advice clients receive from Raffingers, with the creative insight from our marketing experts, to ensure all marketing initiatives ladder up to bigger business purpose and generate a significant return of investment.
Raffingers is seeking a highly experienced Digital Marketing Executive with at least 3 years’ experience in an agency environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working in digital marketing, both paid and organic and will be able to assist in the formulation, implementation, and execution of marketing plans to achieve or exceed commercial goals.
This role is particularly unique, as the candidate will be splitting their time working on digital marketing in-house for Raffingers LLP, and working on client facing projects for Raffingers Marketing Limited (RM), Raffingers new in-house marketing agency.
Reporting to the senior leadership team, this role offers an exciting opportunity for the right person to work in a fast-paced environment and to gain experience on both client-facing and in-house digital marketing campaigns. This person will play a huge part in the successful launch of RM as well as helping to bring Raffingers LLP digital marketing to the next level.
This role will be genuinely varied, with no two days the same and projects will range from working on building the Raffingers LLP digital presence, whilst also working on clients across all different sectors, from property to eCommerce.
Managing and implementing paid social campaigns (planning, building, optimising, analysis) for both Raffingers LLP & clients of RM
Organic social media management (planning, scheduling, reporting) for both Raffingers LLP & clients of RM
Creating and executing email marketing campaigns, sent to segmented audiences to achieve best results (campaign planning, creation, reporting)
Using audience, market research & data to make informed recommendations to optimise campaign planning & delivery
CRM management including marketing automations (Hubspot preferred but not essential)
Delivering marketing campaigns on-time and to budget for multiple businesses
Management and optimisation of paid digital advertising channels including but not limited to:
Paid search campaigns
Programmatic advertising campaigns (preferred but not essential)
Retargeting PPC campaigns
Weekly and/or monthly paid and organic media reporting, including feedback back to Raffingers Marketing clients using google analytics, data analysis & reporting from our CRM, Google Ads
Strong ability when it comes to content creation and copywriting and social media for various media channels, including web, social, and email
Developing and monitoring the lead generation through digital channels and campaigns
Tracking of campaigns successes
Website management - Strong understanding of SEO (Keyword, image optimisation, blog content etc) and CMS experience is an advantage
Strong ability to get into the mindset of lots of different consumer groups
Passion for content creation and copywriting to bring to life a businesses brand-identify
Passionate about all things digital, especially when it comes to:
Digital tools, data and staying up-to-date with the latest trends and changes
How the world of digital can drive a business’s success
An interest in the world of business and helping UK SME’s to achieve their business goals
Ability to learn quickly
Confident in an autonomous role, taking responsibility for digital campaigns and happy to recommend new ideas.
A real eye for detail but with a creative flair to give those campaigns an extra oomph
Ability to maintain and build strong business partnerships with colleagues, clients and third-party organisations
Excellent organisational and time management skills
Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
Live and breath our core values
CRM (Hubspot preferred)
Digital Marketing (Paid & Organic)
Microsoft Office 365
What we offer:
Samantha Khansamantha.email@example.com 551 7200
An opportunity to engage with industry leaders
Access to internal and external training and career development
Financial rewards – competitive salaries, quarterly bonuses, regular appraisals
Social activities – we host a variety of social events during the year, including our annual charity ball, monthly team lunches and team away days
Dress For The Day
Helping the community – time off work to get stuck into volunteering projects
Subscription to Perk Box & Alpha Rewards bringing you benefits, discounts and deals
Graduate Position35 Hours, 9.30am - 5.30pmBourne Court, South Woodford, IG8 8HD
Our goal is to provide you with the very best tools, techniques and support, that will enable you to become an excellent ACCA qualified chartered accountant.
To be considered for this graduate opportunity, you must have;
- 2:1 degree
- Grade B or above in at least 3 subjects at G.C.S.E
- The desire to become a chartered accountant
- Reasonable knowledge of
- Accounting double entry
- Word, and other Office 365 products
Start Date: JanuarySamantha KhanSamantha.Khan@Raffingers.co.uk
Accounts Semi Senior35 hours, 9:30am – 5:30pmBourne Court, South Woodford, IG8 8HD
What better way to kick-start or progress your career than at a top UK 100 accountancy firm? As part of our team, you will experience our commitment towards your development of a successful career. All we ask is that you are passionate about business and committed to being the best that you can be. Raffingers have big ambitions. We’re using cutting edge technology to take our proactive advice and insight up to the next level. Through our sector-led, one-stop-shop proposition, our services are delivered by committed client service partners who are all dedicated to helping our clients across London and the Home Counties fulfil their dreams.
Why work for Raffingers
We value ourselves on our commitment to the development of our team and offer the opportunity of career progression all the way to Partner. Just read our Partner profiles, four of our Partners started with Raffingers as trainees.
We want you to enjoy working as part of our team and host a variety of social events during the year. Whether it is our Charity Ball, paintballing or cocktail making, there are plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues in a more relaxed and friendly environment.
Continuous Training and Personal Development:
As well as regular appraisals, we offer a friendly, supportive environment with plenty of Partner and client interaction from the outset. We’ll devise a training programme for you, which will be constantly monitored and reviewed, to help you develop your strengths.
• Review /finalise statutory accounts for submission to Companies House and HMRC
• On-line VAT and CT filing
• Review VAT returns
• Communication with clients as necessary
• Update client files, checklists, records and procedures
• Financial analyses, planning and financial modelling
PERSON SPECIFICATION ESSENTIAL;
• Registered ACCA/ Student with 2 years experience
• Educated up to degree level or CTS
• Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering
• Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends
• Sector experience
• SME client experience
• Strong client service focus
• Strong analytical, project management skills
• Good Excel and modelling skills
• Friendly outgoing person who is keen to learn and take on more responsibility as the practice grows
• Knowledge of Xero accounting software preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and (internal and external) client-facing skills
• Strong influencing and persuasion skillsSamantha KhanSamantha.Khan@Raffingers.co.uk
- Dear Future Accountant - Lee Manning's Story
Attention all future accountants! Do you ever wonder what you need to do to get into the profession? Lucky for you, Lee Manning shares his success tips and what it is really like to be an accountant. Read on to clear up your unanswered questions...