We work with businesses at all stages of their business cycle, from those just starting up a construction business, to those planning their exit strategy.
HOW WE CAN HELP:
Whether your construction company is involved as main contractor or subcontractor, having a specialist team of construction advisors and tax specialists on your side is the secret ingredient on building and maintaining a successful and sustainable business.
- We can set up your company and provide all the statutory documents necessary and register for VAT and obtain a PAYE scheme.
- You will receive a jargon-free annual report showcasing an overview of your businesses finances, helping you to understand day-to-day operational costs, profit, loss, taxes and more.
- We work closely with a number of leading tax counsels and are able to help you implement non-aggressive tax planning structures to keep your tax bills to a minimum.
- We will create a cashflow forecast for you so that you can gain a deeper understanding of your finances and treat the underlying causes of poor cashflow.
- One of our qualified, experienced experts will work with you to complete and submit your tax return (no matter how complex) to HMRC on time. Our team will ensure you do not incur late filing penalties and will let you know how much tax you owe.
- We can handle payrolls for businesses with 2 to 200 employees, as well as ensuring you are compliant with the auto-enrolment scheme.
- Whether you need help managing your VAT returns, annual accounts or are looking for software- such as Xero, Sage or QuickBooks- we will help you find the best solutions for your business.
- We can split your revenue and costs to determine the profit on each project.
- We're here to help you discover whether your tech company qualifies for R&D tax credits and to support you through the process of submitting the claim.
- Exit planning allows you to transition your business to new ownership in a managed and systematic way. Whether you want to sell, pass on to a family member or just simply take a step back – taking time to plan now will benefit all involved.
- Whether you are looking to raise finance for a particular project, thinking about growing through acquisition or looking to sell, our Raising Finance team has the expertise to help you achieve the right solution for your business.
- We deliver independent financial advice on all of your financial planning needs via our Joint Venture Partnership.
- When you work in the construction sector, it's important to get an up-to-date view of the numbers while you are on the move. Xero also syncs seamlessly with over 800+ third party apps which you can use for inventory management, project management, time tracking, and more.
- R&D for Construction
- VAT reverse charge for building and construction
- Best In Class: Cloud TechnologyThe solutions we offer in this document are those that are the most common and which we have tried and tested for our clients.
- Maximising The Profit In Your Business
- Nailing That ProjectFrom bathroom & kitchen installations, to landscape gardening & construction. These types of business face a common challenge - funding day-to-day operations and trading.
YOUR CONSTRUCTION CHAMPIONS
Gary, Andrew and Barry look after a team of in-house advisers who specialise in the world of construction. If you have any questions, please get in touch.
Gary originally trained with a mid-sized firm and then spent a number of years as Finance Director of a large consumer electronics company before returning to public practice in 1987. The electronics company was subsequently acquired by a well-known entrepreneur called Alan Sugar and there is some debate as to who was whose apprentice!
Following a three year sabbatical in the USA, Gary joined one of our predecessor firms, Freedman Stuart, in 1995 and becoming a partner in 1996. Gary specialises in the Recruitment, Property and Construction sectors and has a wealth of experience in advising clients in corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. Gary is also the firm’s Managing and Senior Partner.
Andrew started his working career as a sole practitioner in South Africa. As they did not have any computers or laptops to work on, all his training was done “old style”, in paper ledgers. Andrew moved to London in 1999 and gained further experience in a medium sized firm located in North London.
After completing his professional qualifications in 2003, Andrew dipped his toes into the world of industry. For six months Andrew worked as a Financial Controller; he sorted the accounts department out (and team!) to such an efficient level that the owners were able to sell up for a large profit! Job done, he then returned to public practice. Andrew joined Raffingers in 2007 as our audit manager and become Partner in early 2011. Andrew specialises in the property and construction sector, as well as start-ups.
Barry was born into a family of accountants but grew up wanting to be an airline pilot. Having been persuaded that he may be better suited to a more “feet on the ground” profession, he found a passion that he never knew existed, took his exams and qualified at the age of 22.
Barry was a partner at Raffingers by the age of 26 and has now been with us in one form or another for nearly thirty years. Despite still regarding himself as a frustrated pilot, he has grown to love his new life: “I can go on a plane anytime I want but not many pilots will experience the pleasure of walking into a room, facing down a long list of problems and leaving having helped a client to find solutions to all of them.”
THE RAFFINGERS HUB
We love to talk business and will continue to share with you our business advice and tax planning strategies, helping you to get the most out of your business and your personal finances.
- How to Ensure a Covid Friendly Construction Site
The construction industry, which was hard hit by the lockdown as the majority of sites had to shut their gates, has slowly started to return to some sort of normality over the last few months as sites start to reopen...
- Top Tax Tips For The Construction Sector
We all know the world of tax is a minefield. The following tips have been prepared to help you be rest assured that your Construction business is running as tax efficiently as possible.
- R&D For The Construction Sector
The construction industry accounts for only 3% of all R&D tax relief claims submitted. While HMRC statistics show many industries in the UK are waking up to the benefits of R&D tax credits, the potential is far greater in the construction industry.
- How Will You Be Affected By The Upcoming Changes To Capital Gains Tax?
If I sell a property in April 2020, why should I have to pay tax before someone who sells a property a year before me? Under current legislation,...