This edition is a must read for anyone who has a family home and is looking to pass down the generations without having to worry about IHT. Whilst the government has acted to assist families with the issues of the family home, it has chosen to do so in a way that is far more complex than anticipated with the introduction of the Residence Nil Rate Band (RNRB), which applies to deaths after 5 April 2017.
We also welcome Neill’s latest blog. This month he looks at the benefit of dealing with tax investigations on both sides of the fence which means he is realistic about the strengths and weaknesses of the cases he looks after.
In this edition we also discuss:
- HMRC v The Rest (Including Rangers) – 22 -3 with one score draw
- Our Next Event – Cloud Drop-In
- Key Tax Dates for October 2017
- Xero Add-On of the Month – Futrli
- Time to Refinance Your Business Loan?