Join us Wednesday 13 December from 11am – 12pm
The GDPR is coming and will take effect from 25 May 2018. The date is getting closer, which means it is time to stop talking about the changes and, actually, start taking action to make your business compliant.
With fears of being fined millions and businesses panicking to ensure their data processing measures are adequate, there really can’t be any room for error on breach of personal data once this legislation comes.
GDPR will affect all businesses, which means you need to think about how you currently contact your customers, how you store customer information and whether you have ‘evidence’ that all of your customers have opted in to your communications. With these changes you will also need to consider how you manage data in order to successfully avoid data breaches.
Join us to discover:
- The facts about the GDPR – New principles and conditions
- Data subject rights
- Keeping your data up-to-date
- How your business should gain consent for new and existing customer data
- Opting in and opting out, plus ideal retention periods
- What your agency needs to do to prepare for the new rules
- Penalties for non-compliance
- Brief overview of Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)